1/3/14

Brooklyn Winter 13' - Diesel, Hit or Miss, Taken Lives, Speed Racer, Genesis


Hey folks, it's EVE, & as I'm writing this, the powder is piling up outside my bedroom window, bringing back old memories. My first encounter with smack was during a snowstorm just like this; I remember watching the snow blanket the streets as that sweet sweet warmth filled my body - Nothing is ever as good as the first time, is it?

Anyway, let's take a look at what's been in the streets this winter.

First up we have Taken Lives from Brooklyn, which was floating around November/Late October. This stuff was really bunk, a 3/10, and I know caused some aggravation & complaints from those who copped it. My friend Pizza Prince (Shoutout!) outright refused to even have anything to do with it! Thank god the scene moved on…




This is from a Queens/Brooklyn border area. I found this name to be sort of ironic, as this stuff was definitely a miss. I'd give it a 4/10. Count was shitty and the dude trying to pass this off at 100/B made me near piss myself with laughter. Should have just called it "miss".


This is from Bushwick, Brooklyn. No name, but I took to calling it "Speed Racer" because that's what the picture on it looked like to me. Good for the price (80/B), Probably a 6/10, with an OK rush and legs, about average.


This is some really choice stuff from the 212. 7/10. You can tell a lot of care was put into the stamp and the artwork, and I dig the tounge in cheek "Diesel" title & artwork. 100/B, but the quality has been holding steady and it's worth it, in this girl's opinion.


That brings us to what's currently floating around the Brooklyn/Billyburg area, Genesis. I don't know if it's a coincidence that it shares its name with the Peter Gabriel fronted band, but I'm having a hard time imagining someone stamping drugs and being gangster while "Invisible Touch" plays in the background. Anyway, I'd give this stuff a solid 6/10. 3 bags will get you high, but the legs suck, and the rush is minimal. Good for 80/b, but if better options are available, I'd pass.


Anyway, I'm off to bed to get my beauty sleep so I can trudge through the snow tomorrow. If there is at least one good thing about being a junkie in the winter, it's that bit of secret extra warmth you can count on!

As always, you can get at me at eveandthesnake@gmail.com - just remember, no solicitation!

xxx

EVE


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well said...

Anonymous said...

just got some of the diesel bags for the first time. i did a 2 bag shot to start and the rush wasnt crazy but these are definitely solid (and the bags are cool as hell too). i havent seen the others but im around bushwick/ridgewood so ill put up some reviews for other stamps around brooklyn.